The most heart-warming, rewarding and hard-working months
To Future RMD Interns:
The next two and a half months at RMD Advertising are going to be the most heart-warming, rewarding, hard-working months you’ll have. RMD is a special place where you’ll be surrounded by people who want to see you learn and grow, who enjoy laughing and sharing in good times, but who also buckle down and work hard.
I know from my internship, working at RMD is an experience I’ll never forget. I want to share with you the five pieces of advice I have that you should keep in your back pocket as you experience RMD for yourself.
1. Be Open-Minded: Your first week as an intern will be exciting and overwhelming. You’ll be learning so much, very quickly. Be a sponge. Soak it all in and definitely, take notes.
2. Ask Questions: Show your curiosity, and don’t be afraid that the words coming out of your mouth might feel silly. RMDers will go above and beyond to make sure you understand what you don’t yet know!
3. Overcommunicate: I can’t stress this enough. It’s one RMD’s core values. If you’re having trouble understanding a task, RMDers will help you through it.
4. Be a Helping Hand: Agency life can get busy, but if you ask how you can help an RMDer, it will alleviate their stress and will show that you care. It’ll teach you that the team you’re playing on is bigger than any one player.
5. Share Your Ideas: Big or small, don’t be afraid to share ideas you have about a social media post or how to tackle an upcoming campaign. It shows that you’re willing to jump in and participate!
All of this and more that I’ve learned at RMD are life lessons I know I’ll carry with me throughout my career. Thank you RMD, for an incredible experience!
Ali C. Spring Intern ’16