Sweet deal Graeter’s Ice Cream has signed on with Columbus-based RMD Advertising. The agency handles https://www.rmdadvertising.com/expertise for food-industry companies, including Panera Bread. Graeter’s is headquartered in Cincinnati and has 10 ice cream shops in Columbus and surrounding suburbs.
We love TedTalks … but this one is especially important. Ten minutes shows you that a healthier way to look at things, and to approach things, might not be a natural born instinct after all. And, in the agency business, where the rubber hits the road nearly every day, a healthy mindset is important.
A couple of points I felt were important that we actually do as an agency:
1. Give gratitude throughout the day – doesn’t have to be huge things, just as long as it comes from the heart.
2. End-of-day “3 good things that happened” – this gives you a positive refection of the day. Every day is a good day in some form or fashion
3. Forgive those that “kick you cat” as Zig Ziglar would say. Don’t let someone taint your day over their bad mood.
It’s not that we’re playing Mojo favorites, because selecting last week’s MOJO WINNER was a really tough decision. So many great things happening for our food clients by our amazing team members. Sometimes, the good Mojo just follows you … and to that we thank our first bad-to-back winner, Alexandra B. It was due to her tenacity that our clients not only got media hits, but got big media hits last week! Thank you Alex for all you do, and enjoy some burritos on us!
The month of March is dedicated to frozen foods and we couldn’t be happier! National Frozen Food Month is the perfect time to take inventory … of your freezer! Are you taking advantage of all that the frozen food industry has to offer?
Here are a few myths that need to be dismissed. NOW! We’ll have you drooling in the frozen food aisle in, well, about the time it takes you to jump in your car and hurry on over to your nearest grocery store!
MYTH #1: All frozen foods contain preservatives.
FACT: Added preservatives are not necessary to preserve frozen food. Freezing in itself acts as a natural preservative. In fact, many frozen foods today are actually all-natural, including The Piping Gourmet Whoopie Pies, Wholly Wholesome pie crusts and more.
MYTH #2: Fresh vegetables are better for you than frozen vegetables.
FACT: Frozen vegetables, as opposed to fresh vegetables, can be flash-frozen. Flash-freezing quickly freezes vegetables to lock in quality and flavor, ensuring the vegetables are just as nutritious as those found in the produce aisle.
As a matter of fact, Mom Made Foods are packed with healthy vegetables and grains, are full of flavor, and have no added junk. From wholesome ingredients like organic apples to organic sweet potatoes, each nutritious bite tastes as good as it sounds!
MYTH #3: Frozen meals don’t use real ingredients.
FACT: Many frozen meals use the highest quality ingredients available and are made the way you might prepare them if you had the time at home!
Want to know one of our favorite frozen food brands to grab when we’re craving a delicious meal with rich flavor? Tandoor Chef makes Indian food classics like Palak Paneer and innovative meals such as Naan Pizza that use only all-natural ingredients … You’ll never look at frozen food the same way again!
Celebrate National Hot Breakfast Month with One of Our Favorites!
It’s National Hot Breakfast Month and have we got a treat for you! We’ve got the inspiration (and scones!) you need to break out of the cold cereal habit. This month, make sure rising really does mean shining with one of RMD Advertising’s favorite ways to enjoy breakfast!
There are lots of excuses as to why Americans skip what has been coined “the most important meal of the day”. For some, there never seems to be enough time in the mornings. For others, a lack of appetite means reaching straight for the coffee. However, if nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are truly important to you, you need to make a commitment.
Some experts say breakfast has a number of benefits, from jump-starting your metabolism to improving mood. For instance:
• A healthy bite to eat when you wake up can give your body the metabolic boost it needs to help you avoid weight gain. “During the night when we’re sleeping, our metabolic rate runs slowly and conservatively, but once we’re awake, our bodies need to speed up and break out of their fasting metabolic state,” Megan Moore, RD, LD, CDE explains.
• After all, in a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, which examined the diets of 4,218 adults, those that consistently ate breakfast were more likely to have a BMI under 25.
• What’s more, breakfast can help stabilize your blood sugar, improve your cognitive ability, enhance your memory, and increase your attention span.
Do you have a big day planned? No one likes a Hangry Harry so do yourself (and everyone else!) a favor and celebrate National Hot Breakfast Month with these 4 tips:
Time-Saver: Excuse #1? “I don’t have enough time.” Never utter those words again! Barista Baking Company Break & Bake Scones have got that fresh baked-from-scratch taste and the best part is that you don’t have to knead an ounce of dough or fold in a single cup of blueberries. Just preheat, break, bake while you finish blow drying your hair, and enjoy a warm breakfast in minutes.
Coffee House Schm-offee House: So you don’t have the cooking skills of an Iron Chef. Or maybe you do! Whether you’re attempts at baking in the kitchen have been disastrous or downright delightful, chances are you could use a few minutes to yourself. Ditch the coffee house and enjoy a few indulgent moments in the morning with a Barista Baking Company Strawberries & Crème, Orange Cranberry, or even Blueberry scone. It’s the joy of the coffee house without the shouts of “Can I get one Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato, Sugar-Free Syrup, Extra Shot, Light Ice, No Whip?”
Nuts for Nutrition: These Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes by blogger Chocolate Covered Katie are great to make the night before. Just grab one or two and eat them on your commute or at your desk! Add Omega-3 fatty acids like those found in chia seeds and walnuts to help boost brain development or your favorite seasonal berries for an on-the-go breakfast jam packed with vitamin C! It’s a baked cup of nutrition!
Grazing Beauty: If you struggle to find your appetite in the morning. Try grazing. Eating smaller portioned meals throughout the day might make eating breakfast more palatable to you. A handful of granola or a slice of toast topped with sliced avocado is the perfect way to jumpstart your metabolism for the day. Make sure you keep a light snack nearby so that you can reach for it when you’re ready for something a little heartier.
Each week, RMD Advertising honors a team member with the Mojo Award. This “prestigious” award is presented to a person who has gone beyond the task at hand – it could be uncovering a solution to a client issue or a simple gesture toward another team member in need. The Mojo Award is given during our Friday morning team meeting (yes, we call this meeting Mojo).
This week we raise a cup of joe to Jason for alleviating a team members’ stress by finding a way around a missing file. Ahhh, the power of Mojo. A big attitude of gratitude goes out to Jason for a being a great member of our team. This is something RMD Advertising is proud to be built upon.
Donn Ditzhazy, ECD
Each week, RMD Advertising honors a team member that has gone beyond the ‘call of duty’ – whether that’s uncovering a solution to a stubborn client service issue, a charitable act or simply a nice gesture toward another team member. This prestigious award is called the Mojo Award and it’s given during our Friday morning team meeting.
The big prize? The all powerful cup of coffee. I know what you may be thinking, a Starbucks card is no big deal. But it’s not just the hot cup of java that we’re giving … it’s the public attitude of gratitude for a being a great member of our team. This is something RMD is proud to be built upon.
And to that we say, that cup of coffee smells a lot like success. Congratulations Amanda for digging into SEO at yet ANOTHER level, asking critical questions and leading us to think in a whole new direction. You’re our Week 3 winner!
Donn Ditzhazy, Executive Director
As 2014 comes to a close, we reflect on all that we’ve learned and all that we’ve read throughout the year. After wading through piles of paper, filling our heads with morsels of information on the food business, the agency industry and marketing strategies, we also made time to read a few great books. Some we read twice!
At the same time, we also pushed through a few books that, in our opinion, weren’t worth the read. Here’s our annual “Best Of” list. Hope a few make their way to your must read list. Enjoy!
America’s favorite meat! Every year in July, food brands come out in force to celebrate this festive food month. Yes, it is once again National Hot Dog Month! Let’s celebrate!
To honor the dog … we thought it befitting to share our big 3 list; those attributes that RMD Advertising has in common with the All-American Hot Dog. Here goes …
1. The hot dog loves baseball. We do too! Each summer our team building is a night out at the Clippers game. Fans of the game and of beer alike, you’ll find us snapping photos, goofing around and indulging in a dog or two.
2. Folks LOVE hot dogs. In fact, 35 million pounds of hot dogs are eaten each year. The average American eats 50 hot dogs a year. That’s a lot of weiners! RMD does its best to put a dent in that number during our summertime hot dog Fridays. We’ve yet to make it to the Guiness Book of World Records for the most hot dog eaten on a given Friday, but we estimate that we chomp on approximately 60 pounds of dogs a year. Since we’ve been celebrating RMD Hot Dog Fridays, we estimate that we’ve consumed approximately 600 pounds of dogs. Wow! That’s a lot of meat!
3. Some things are just MADE for the dog. There are condiments and buns … and then there are toppings and breads made to cradle the dog. Slawsa is that world-class topping, and Klosterman Honey Wheat Buns are made for rockin’ the dog. We’re proud to say we work with both of these amazing family food brands. And yes, we would still enjoy the products if they weren’t our clients. (Delicious!)
Every agency has some “hot dogs” on the team (our creative team comes to mind). But we love them — and are proud to celebrate this special month with a toasted bun on Hot Dog Friday. Here’s to many more to come … long live summer! Grill on.
Any advertising pro can admit that agency life is fast paced. Between balancing multiple clients to attending meetings and hitting client deadlines, stress can certainly be a byproduct of the business. So how do RMDers manage their daily tasks with ease, while still performing at their best?
Meet Boone, Director of Stress Management. How did a team member of RMD gain such a prestigious title? Well, she wags her tail, trots on four legs, and is always happy to greet you. RMDers are more than equipped to handle stress without a four-legged pal, but a dog’s presence helps facilitate the process. And we love having Boone around.
Having a dog in the office has a number of benefits:
• Decreased stress levels
• Mandated mini breaks, which in turn maintains focus
• Increased happiness, which has been shown to boost productivity
• Increased socialization, which we all need and want
Although Boone doesn’t help RMDers figure out the best way to market pork rinds, or develop new family friendly recipes for canned foods, she is as important as any other two-legged member of the team! The office would not be the same without her, and we thank her for that!