6 Ways to Improve Your Sense of a Sensible Team
Teamwork and relationships within a team can be very elusive. Well done, a strong sense of team seems effortless, but rest assured, it never is. At RMD, we constantly work to balance the need for conflict to bust through complacency in a hurry … with the need to build bridges within our teams that forge strong relationships. We have found these six tips to help along the way:
1. Take the initiative. Go to the other person first.
2. Sympathize with their feelings. Listen before talking. Focus on their feelings.
3. Confess your part of the conflict.
4. Attack the problem, not the person.
5. Cooperate as much as possible.
6. Emphasize reconciliation, not resolution.